- The Ruins of Netley Abbey
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/16 x 17 5/16 inches (30.7 x 44 cm), Plate: 5 1/4 x 7 7/16 inches (13.3 x 18.9 cm), and Image: 5 1/16 x 7 5/16 inches (12.8 x 18.6 cm)
Lettered in black ink, within image, upper left, in monogram: "JC"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | arches | architectural subject | architecture | birds | church | landscape | Medieval | monastery | religious building | ruins | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Hampshire | Netley | Netley Abbey | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Constable, 1776–1837, British, The Ruins of Netley Abbey, 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.