Print made by John Constable, 1776–1837, British, The Ruins of Netley Abbey, 1826
The Ruins of Netley Abbey
- Additional Title(s):
- Etching and drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/16 x 17 5/16 inches (30.7 x 44 cm), Plate: 5 1/4 x 7 7/16 inches (13.3 x 18.9 cm), and Image: 5 1/16 x 7 5/16 inches (12.8 x 18.6 cm)
Lettered in black ink, within image, upper left, in monogram: "JC"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | arches | architectural subject | architecture | birds | church | landscape | Medieval | monastery | religious building | ruins | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Hampshire | Netley | Netley Abbey | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.