- Portrait of Louis XIV, King of France and Navarre
- Etching and stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 15/16 x 6 7/8 inches (27.8 x 17.4 cm), Plate: 6 x 4 1/2 inches (15.2 x 11.4 cm), and Image: 5 1/4 x 4 5/16 inches (13.3 x 11 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "1."; lower right: "a"
Lettered, lower center: "LEWIS THE XIIII KING | OF FRANCE AND NAVARR | R. Gaywood Sculpsit Sould by P Stent"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armour | curls | half-length figures | king (person) | livery collar | mantle | medallions | nobleman | oval | portrait | posing | regal
- Associated People:
- Louis XIV (1638-1715), King of France and Navarre
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Richard Gaywood, active 1650–1680, Portrait of Louis XIV, King of France and Navarre, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.