IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Richard Gaywood, active 1650–1680, Portrait of Louis XIV, King of France and Navarre, undated
Portrait of Louis XIV, King of France and Navarre
- Additional Title(s):
Lewis the XIIII King of France and Navarr
- Etching and stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 15/16 x 6 7/8 inches (27.8 x 17.4 cm), Plate: 6 x 4 1/2 inches (15.2 x 11.4 cm), Image: 5 1/4 x 4 5/16 inches (13.3 x 11 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "1."; lower right: "a"
Lettered, lower center: "LEWIS THE XIIII KING | OF FRANCE AND NAVARR | R. Gaywood Sculpsit Sould by P Stent"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armour | curls | half-length figures | king (person) | livery collar | mantle | medallions | nobleman | oval | portrait | posing | regal
- Associated People:
- Louis XIV (1638-1715), King of France and Navarre
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.