The Beggar's Oak, Bagot's Park, Aug. 12th, 1820 (A Celebrated Ancient Tree on Lord Bagot's Blithfield Hall Estate in Staffordshire)
- Graphite and black and white chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 5/8 x 22 3/4 inches (34.6 x 57.8 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 16 3/4 x 25 1/2 inches (42.5 x 64.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Beggar's Oak | Bagot's Park. Augt. 12th. 1820~ JWD. RA"
Signed in black ink, lower left: "JWD. RA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beggar | landscape | oak | park (grounds) | tree
- Associated Places:
- England | Staffordshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, The Beggar's Oak, Bagot's Park, Aug. 12th, 1820 (A Celebrated Ancient Tree on Lord Bagot's Blithfield Hall Estate in Staffordshire), 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.