The Baron's Hall
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Plate: 6 7/8 x 9 13/16 inches (17.4 x 24.9 cm), Sheet: 8 3/4 x 11 1/8 inches (22.3 x 28.3 cm), and Image: 4 3/16 x 6 9/16 inches (10.6 x 16.7 cm)
Lettered, lower left under image: "Drawn by T. Allom"; lower center: "The Baron's Hall. | FISHER, SON & CO. LONDON 1844"; lower right under image: "Engraved by E. Challis"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | baron | cat | chairs | chimney | columns | designs | discussion (meeting) | doorways | drapery | drinking glasses | fire | fireplace | genre subject | hall | interior | men | noblemen | sculpture | servants | sitting | stained glass | statues | sunlight | table | tables | tiles | windows
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Ebenezer Challis, active 1837–1859, The Baron's Hall, 1844
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.