Mereworth Castle, the Seat of the Right Honble. Lord le Despencer
- ca. 1840
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 5 3/4 × 9 3/16 inches (14.6 × 23.3 cm) and 4 1/4 × 6 3/4 inches (10.8 × 17.1 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Drawn by W. Daniell, R. A."; lower center: "Mereworth Castle. | THE SEAT OF THE RIGHT HONBLE. LORD LE DESPENCER. | London, Edwd. Churton, 26, Holles Street."; lower right: "Engraved by J. Appleton."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | columns (architectural elements) | country house | cows | cupolas | domes | figures | grazing | landscape | manor house | oxen | pediments | pillars | sheep | steps | stream | sunlight | swans | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Kent | Mereworth | Mereworth Castle | United Kingdom | Wateringbury Stream
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, (J. Appleton), Mereworth Castle, the Seat of the Right Honble. Lord le Despencer, ca. 1840
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.