Portrait of Rosa Corder
- between 1876 and 1878
- Gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/4 × 4 5/8 inches (18.4 × 11.7 cm)
Inscribed verso in graphite, lower right: "D2b2580L" ; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Original drawing by J.MN. Whistler | ex [...] | From Maggs Bros. [...] | July 61"
lower left embossed "JRF" Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- portrait | profile
- Associated People:
- Corder, Rosa (19th c.) British painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James McNeill Whistler, 1834–1903, American, active in Britain (from 1859), Portrait of Rosa Corder, between 1876 and 1878
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.