IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James McNeill Whistler, 1834–1903, American, active in Britain (from 1859), Figures Outside a Doorway, possibly painted in Brittany, ca. 1893
Figures Outside a Doorway, possibly painted in Brittany
- ca. 1893
- Watercolor on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 × 9 1/4 inches (14.6 × 23.5 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | doorway | figure study | genre subject | people
- Associated Places:
- Brittany | France
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Whistler " The Naval Review " (Yale Center for British Art, 2005-05-19 - 2005-08-15) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.