Cremorne Gardens: Chelsea Bandstand
- Etching and drypoint on thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- 13 5/16 x 10 1/2 inches (33.8 x 26.7 cm), 10 11/16 x 7 7/8 inches (27.2 x 20 cm), and 10 11/16 x 7 7/8 inches (27.2 x 20 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "Not in [...] | Cremorne Gardens, Chelsea"
Lettered, lower left: "W. Greaves | 1871."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | awning windows | bandstand | benches | bushes | gardens | instruments | lampposts | lamps | leisure | music | music stands | musicians | pagoda | park (grounds) | seats | servers | tables | trees | windows
- Associated Places:
- Chelsea | Cremorne Gardens | England | Europe | Greater London | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Walter Greaves, 1846–1930, British, Cremorne Gardens: Chelsea Bandstand, 1871
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.