View of the Old Corn Market and Tuns Inn, Guildford
- Aquatint with etching, hand-colored on thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 11/16 x 15 1/8 inches (29.7 x 38.4 cm), Plate: 9 1/8 x 11 1/16 inches (23.1 x 28.1 cm), and Image: 6 5/16 x 8 5/8 inches (16.1 x 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "P.C. Di. 10. | Port 21"
Lettered, lower center: "To the MAYOR and APPROVED MEN of the BOROUGH of GUILDFORD, | and the rest of the SUBSCRIBERS to the Erection of the New Public Buildings in that Town. | This view of the OLD CORN MARKET and TUNS INN, GUILDFORD. is Inscribed | by their most obedient and obliged Servant | Henry Garling, Architect. | Published Jan.y 1819 by Henry Garling, 13, Little James Street, Bedford Row."; lower right: "Engraved by R. Havell & Son. | 3, Chapel St. Tottenham Court Road."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architect | architecture | bonnets | buildings | businesses | children | city | dog (animal) | genre subject | horse (animal) | markets | men | shopping | shops | street | walking | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Guildford | Surrey | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Havell & Son, 1769–1832, British, View of the Old Corn Market and Tuns Inn, Guildford, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.