View of the Old Corn Market and Tuns Inn, Guildford
- Aquatint with etching, hand-colored on thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- 11 11/16 x 15 1/8 inches (29.7 x 38.4 cm), 9 1/8 x 11 1/16 inches (23.1 x 28.1 cm), and 6 5/16 x 8 5/8 inches (16.1 x 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "P.C. Di. 10. | Port 21"
Lettered, lower center: "To the MAYOR and APPROVED MEN of the BOROUGH of GUILDFORD, | and the rest of the SUBSCRIBERS to the Erection of the New Public Buildings in that Town. | This view of the OLD CORN MARKET and TUNS INN, GUILDFORD. is Inscribed | by their most obedient and obliged Servant | Henry Garling, Architect. | Published Jan.y 1819 by Henry Garling, 13, Little James Street, Bedford Row."; lower right: "Engraved by R. Havell & Son. | 3, Chapel St. Tottenham Court Road."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architect | architectural subject | architecture | bonnets | buildings | businesses | children | city | dog (animal) | genre subject | horse (animal) | markets | men | shopping | shops | street | walking | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Guildford | Surrey | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Havell & Son, 1769–1832, British, View of the Old Corn Market and Tuns Inn, Guildford, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.