IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Placido Columbani, born ca. 1744, active 1801, Italian, active in Britain, At the Villa Borghese at Rome, undated
At the Villa Borghese at Rome
- Additional Title(s):
At the Villa Borghese at Rome, Pl. 5 of a set of 12 from 'Fourteen Vases from the Antique'
At the Villa Borghese at Rome, Plate 5 of a Set of 12 from "14 Vases from the Antique"
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 8 11/16 x 5 13/16 inches (22.1 x 14.8 cm), Plate: 6 5/16 x 4 9/16 inches (16.1 x 11.6 cm), Image: 4 3/8 x 3 1/16 inches (11.1 x 7.7 cm)
Lettered in black ink, upper right: "Plate. V."; lower center: "at the Villa Borghese at Rome."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- antique | artifact | decoration | decorative arts | Grand Tour | serpent | still life | urn | vase
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.