- A View in Kew Gardens
- Stipple engraving and etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 x 7 1/2 inches (17.5 x 19.1 cm) and Plate: 6 1/8 x 7 inches (15.6 x 17.8 cm)
Lettered lower center: "A VIEW in KEW GARDENS, | Painted by Richard Wilson, RA, and engraved by W.Birch, Enamel Painter. | Publifh'd Feby.1.1789 by Wm.Birch Hampfhtead Heath, & fold by T.THornton, Southampton Strt. Covt. Garden."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | bridge (built work) | gardens | horses (animals) | lakes | men | pagodas | trees
- Associated Places:
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Martina Droth, Britain in the world: Highlights from the Yale Center for British Art in honor of Amy Meyers, Yale University Press, New Haven, London, p. 92, N6761 .Y33 2019 (LC) (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Birch, 1755–1834, British, A View in Kew Gardens, 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.