A New Book of Landskips, Pleasant & Useful for to Learn to Draw without a Master
- Former Title(s):
Title page for a New Book of Landskips (1 of 6)
- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 5 11/16 x 8 11/16 inches (14.4 x 22 cm), Plate: 4 5/16 x 6 9/16 inches (11 x 16.7 cm), and Image: 4 x 6 1/4 inches (10.2 x 15.8 cm)
Inscribed in orange ink, on front, upper right: "29"
Lettered, center inside image: "A | New Book of | Landskips | Pleasant & Useful for | to learn to Draw with | out a Master"; lower left under image: "Publish'd According to an Act of Parliament by J. Rocque 1737."; lower right under image: "Chatelin inv. Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artists | drawing | grass | landscape | men | plants | posing | ruins | shepherd | sketching | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Jean B. C. Chatelain, 1710–1771, French, A New Book of Landskips, Pleasant & Useful for to Learn to Draw without a Master, 1737
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.