- Horseman Fording a Stream with Cattle
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 5 13/16 x 8 13/16 inches (14.8 x 22.4 cm), Plate: 4 5/16 x 6 11/16 inches (10.9 x 17 cm), and Image: 3 13/16 x 6 1/4 inches (9.7 x 15.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "CHATELIN"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- building | bushes | cattle | crossing | dog (animal) | fording | genre subject | herding | horse (animal) | labor | men | reeds | river | stick | stream | trees | wall | working
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Jean B. C. Chatelain, 1710–1771, French, Horseman Fording a Stream with Cattle, 1737
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.