IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Jean B. C. Chatelain, 1710–1771, French, Horseman Fording a Stream with Cattle, 1737
Horseman Fording a Stream with Cattle
- Former Title(s):
Horseman fording a stream with cattle, a Pl. for 'A new Book of Landskips' (1 of 6)
- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 5 13/16 x 8 13/16 inches (14.8 x 22.4 cm), Plate: 4 5/16 x 6 11/16 inches (10.9 x 17 cm), Image: 3 13/16 x 6 1/4 inches (9.7 x 15.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "CHATELIN"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- building | bushes | cattle | crossing | dog (animal) | fording | genre subject | herding | horse (animal) | labor | men | reeds | river | stick | stream | trees | wall | working
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.