- Title page for a 'New Drawing Book principally consisting of Beasts in various Actions' (1 of 6)
- Etching on medium, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 7 1/8 inches (30.2 x 18.1 cm), Plate: 8 3/8 x 5 13/16 inches (21.3 x 14.7 cm), and Image: 7 3/8 x 5 1/16 inches (18.8 x 12.9 cm)
Lettered, in black ink, upper center: "A | New Drawing Book: | principally consisting of | Beasts in various Actions. | Engrav'd | from the Performances of the most | EMINENT MASTERS, | By Geo. Bickham jun.r | MCDCCXXX"; lower center: "N. B. As this Book consists entirely of finish'd Pieces, they will be Sold separate (if | requir'd) being not Only proper for Youth to Copy after, but Ornamental for Ye Closet. | London, Printed and Sold by H: Overton and J. Hoole at the White Horse without Newgate."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | animals | bushes | cows | drapery | fields | goats | hills | lambs | plants | rams
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Bickham, 1683/4–1758, British, Title page for a 'New Drawing Book principally consisting of Beasts in various Actions' (1 of 6), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.