- A Horse and a dog, a Pl. for 'A New Drawing Book...of Beasts in Various Actions' (1 of 9)
- Etching on medium, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 15/16 x 7 5/16 inches (30.3 x 18.6 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 x 6 inches (21 x 15.2 cm), and Image: 7 1/8 x 4 13/16 inches (18.1 x 12.2 cm)
Lettered, in black ink, lower left in image (against rock, below dog): "G B F"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | birds | bridle | clouds | dog (animal) | farm | farmer | fences | grass | hills | horses (animals) | post | resting | rocks (landforms) | staff
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Bickham, 1683/4–1758, British, A Horse and a dog, a Pl. for 'A New Drawing Book...of Beasts in Various Actions' (1 of 9), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.