Title page for ' A New Drawing Book...of Various Kinds of Birds, Drawn from the Life by Mr. Francis Barlow' 1731 (1 of 9)
- Part Of:
- Etching on medium, smooth, cream laid paper
- 11 1/8 x 7 5/16 inches (28.3 x 18.6 cm), 8 3/8 x 6 3/16 inches (21.3 x 15.7 cm), and 7 1/8 x 5 1/8 inches (18.1 x 13 cm)
Lettered, in black ink, upper center: "A New | Drawing Book | Consisting of | Various Kinds of BIRDS, | Drawn from y Life by M.r Fra. Barlow | and Engrav'd by G Buckham jun.r | MDCCXXXI."' lower center: "N. B. As this Book consists entirely of Finish'd Pieces, they will be sold separate (if | requir'd) being not only proper for Youth to Copy after, but Ornamental for the Closet. | Printed for & Sold by H. Overton & J Hoole at ye white horse without Newgate."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | birds | drapery | hills | plants | sandpipers
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Bickham, 1683/4–1758, British, Title page for ' A New Drawing Book...of Various Kinds of Birds, Drawn from the Life by Mr. Francis Barlow' 1731 (1 of 9), 1731
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.