Folio of Views in Norfolk and Suffolk Flixton Old Chapel, near Lowestoft, Suffolk
- Gray wash and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 × 7 inches (14 × 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Flixton Old Chapel near Lowerstoft drawn by Capt Grose Aug 3. 1725"; on verso, left: "[...]"; in pen and black ink, center: "[...] Thoston Old Chapel | near [...] Suffolk | August 3rd. 1785"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul Mellon in memory of Dudley Snelgrove
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chapel | hill | ruins
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Lowestoft | Suffolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Francis Grose, 1731–1791, British, Folio of Views in Norfolk and Suffolk Flixton Old Chapel, near Lowestoft, Suffolk, 1785
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.