Study for "Reading from Torah"
- Former Title(s):
Study for "Reading the Torah"
- ca. 1914
- Gouache, watercolor and graphite on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 × 12 7/8 inches (25.4 × 32.7 cm)
Signed in black ink, upper center within image: "David Bom berg"; not dated
Watermarked, upper right to lower right
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- 'Sefer Torah', Scroll of the Law | abstract art | composition | faces | figurative art | figures | geometric abstraction | Judaism | linear | reading | reading of the Torah ~ Jewish religion | red | sketches | stylization | Vorticism
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
20th Century Works on Paper (Yale Center for British Art, 2000-01-27 - 2000-04-30) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Acquisitions : The First Decade 1977-1986, Yale Center for British Art , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1986, p. 24, no. 72, N590.2 A7 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]
Duncan Robinson, Acquisitions : The First Decade 1977 - 1986, , Burlington Magazine, vol. 128, October 1986, p. 24, no. 72, N1 B87 128:3 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]