South West View of Norwich Castle October 20, 1775
- Watercolor and pen and ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 5/8 x 12in. (19.4 x 30.5cm), Sheet: 7 3/4 × 12 inches (19.7 × 30.5 cm), and Mount: 13 1/2 × 18 7/8 inches (34.3 × 47.9 cm)
Inscribed mount in pen and gray ink, lower center: "South West View of Norwhich Castle"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, center: "an Original Drawing by Francis Grose Esqr."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul Mellon in memory of Dudley Snelgrove
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | castle | figures | village
- Associated Places:
- England | Norfolk | Norwich | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Francis Grose, 1731–1791, British, South West View of Norwich Castle October 20, 1775, 1775
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.