IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Capt. Francis Grose, 1731–1791, British, Languard Fort on the River Orwell, undated
Languard Fort on the River Orwell
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 x 11in. (22.2 x 27.9cm), Sheet: 8 7/8 × 11 1/8 inches (22.5 × 28.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "Languard Fort | (on Orwell) in Felixstowe"; lower right: "F. Grose."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul Mellon in memory of Dudley Snelgrove
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | fort | trees | wall
- Associated Places:
- England | Felixstowe | Suffolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.