St. Nicholas's Island off Mount Edgecombe
- Additional Title(s):
St. Nicholas's Island off Mount Edgcumbe
- Watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 8 1/2 x 14 1/2in. (21.6 x 36.8cm) and 8 3/4 × 14 1/2 inches (22.2 × 36.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and gray ink, center: "St. Nicholas's Island off Mount Edgecombe"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul Mellon in memory of Dudley Snelgrove
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- island | ocean | sea | ship | sky
- Associated Places:
- Devon | Drake's Island | England | Plymouth Sound | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Francis Grose, 1731–1791, British, St. Nicholas's Island off Mount Edgecombe, 1768
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.