St. Nicholas's Island off Mount Edgecombe
- Additional Title(s):
St. Nicholas's Island off Mount Edgcumbe
- Watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 x 14 1/2in. (21.6 x 36.8cm) and Sheet: 8 3/4 × 14 1/2 inches (22.2 × 36.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and gray ink, center: "St. Nicholas's Island off Mount Edgecombe"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul Mellon in memory of Dudley Snelgrove
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- island | ocean | sea | ship
- Associated Places:
- Devon | Drake's Island | England | Plymouth Sound | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Francis Grose, 1731–1791, British, St. Nicholas's Island off Mount Edgecombe, 1768
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.