St. Catherine's Castle at Fowey, Cornwall
- Watercolor and pen and ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 x 19 1/2in. (30.5 x 49.5cm), Sheet: 7 1/4 × 15 7/8 inches (18.4 × 40.3 cm), and Mount: 12 × 19 5/8 inches (30.5 × 49.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and gray ink, center: "S. Catherine's Castle at Fowey in Cornwall"; in pen and brown ink, center: "an Original by Fras. Grose Esqr."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul Mellon in memory of Dudley Snelgrove
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | castles | channel (water body component) | cliff | landscape (representation) | marine art | ocean | river | rocks (landforms) | rocks (landforms) | sea | watchtowers
- Associated Places:
- Cornwall | England | English Channel | Europe | Fowey | Fowey Blockhouse | Fowey River | Polruan Blockhouse | St. Catherine's Castle | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Francis Grose, 1731–1791, British, St. Catherine's Castle at Fowey, Cornwall, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.