Pershore Abbey, Worcestershire
- Pen and black ink, gray wash, and graphite on cream, medium, slightly textured, laid paper
- Sheet: 10 x 13 3/4in. (25.4 x 34.9cm) and Sheet: 10 × 13 3/4 inches (25.4 × 34.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "[...] | British | May 1930 | 3/4"; in pen and gray ink, center: "Church at Pembroke, Worcestershire | April 14th 1791 | South East Aspect by Capt. Grose"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul Mellon in memory of Dudley Snelgrove
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | architectural subject | church | fence | horse (animal)
- Associated Places:
- England | United Kingdom | Worcestershire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Francis Grose, 1731–1791, British, Pershore Abbey, Worcestershire, 1791
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.