Pershore Abbey, Worcestershire
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and black ink, gray wash, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 x 13 3/4in. (25.4 x 34.9cm), Sheet: 10 × 13 3/4 inches (25.4 × 34.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "[...] | British | May 1930 | 3/4"; in pen and gray ink, center: "Church at Pembroke, Worcestershire | April 14th 1791 | South East Aspect by Capt. Grose"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul Mellon in memory of Dudley Snelgrove
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | architectural subject | church | fence | horse (animal)
- Associated Places:
- England | United Kingdom | Worcestershire
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Francis Grose, 1731–1791, British, Pershore Abbey, Worcestershire, 1791
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.