South Mimms Church, Hertfordshire
- Pen and black ink, black wash, and graphite, squared for transfer on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 12 1/2in. (24.1 x 31.8cm) and Sheet: 9 1/2 × 12 3/4 inches (24.1 × 32.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "South Mimms Church Herfordshire"; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, center: "South Mimms Church | Hertfordshire 1787"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul Mellon in memory of Dudley Snelgrove
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | dog (animal) | ivy | man | road
- Associated Places:
- England | Hertfordshire | South Mimms | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Francis Grose, 1731–1791, British, South Mimms Church, Hertfordshire, 1787
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.