South Mimms Church, Hertfordshire
- Pen and black ink, black wash, and graphite, squared for transfer on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 12 1/2in. (24.1 x 31.8cm) and Sheet: 9 1/2 × 12 3/4 inches (24.1 × 32.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "South Mimms Church Herfordshire"; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, center: "South Mimms Church | Hertfordshire 1787"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul Mellon in memory of Dudley Snelgrove
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | dog (animal) | ivy | man | road
- Associated Places:
- England | Hertfordshire | South Mimms | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Francis Grose, 1731–1791, British, South Mimms Church, Hertfordshire, 1787
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.