Capt. Francis Grose, 1731–1791, British, Nun Mill, Northamptonshire, 1762
Nun Mill, Northamptonshire
- Watercolor and pen and ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 x 15 1/2in. (21.6 x 39.4cm) and Sheet: 8 1/2 × 15 1/2 inches (21.6 × 39.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, center: "Nun Mill, Northamptonshire"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul Mellon in memory of Dudley Snelgrove
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | cottage | fishing | man | pond | wheelbarrow
- Associated Places:
- England | Northamptonshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.