- Edgar's Tower
- Watercolor and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 1/2 x 10 1/4in. (41.9 x 26cm) and Sheet: 16 1/2 × 10 1/2 inches (41.9 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed extensively in pen and brown ink, beginning upper center: "Edgar's Tower, Worcester. | This Tower seems to have been part of the ancient castle of Worcester."
Watermark: Fleur-de-lis; "GR"
Signed in pen and brown ink, center left: "Bond"; dated in pen and brown ink, center right: "Oct. 25: 1778"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul Mellon in memory of Dudley Snelgrove
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | buttresses | cathedral | city | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- England | United Kingdom | Worcester
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Daniel Bond, ca. 1725–1803, British, Edgar's Tower, 1778
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.