IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Capt. Francis Grose, 1731–1791, British, Mr. Grose's House at Wandsworth, 1767
Mr. Grose's House at Wandsworth
- Watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/4 × 10 1/8 inches (23.5 × 25.7 cm), Mount: 10 3/4 × 11 3/4 inches (27.3 × 29.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, center: "Mr. Grose's House at Wandsworth"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "D 31198 Fx"; inscribed on mount above image in graphite, upper center: "Wandsworth"; below image: "Francis Grose"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul Mellon in memory of Dudley Snelgrove
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | country house | garden | house | path | shrubs | tree
- Associated Places:
- England | Greater London | United Kingdom | Wandsworth
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.