- Mr. Grose's House at Wandsworth
- Watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/4 × 10 1/8 inches (23.5 × 25.7 cm) and Mount: 10 3/4 × 11 3/4 inches (27.3 × 29.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, center: "Mr. Grose's House at Wandsworth"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "D 31198 Fx"; inscribed on mount above image in graphite, upper center: "Wandsworth"; below image: "Francis Grose"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul Mellon in memory of Dudley Snelgrove
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | country house | garden | house | path | shrubs | tree
- Associated Places:
- England | Greater London | United Kingdom | Wandsworth
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Francis Grose, 1731–1791, British, Mr. Grose's House at Wandsworth, 1767
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.