- York House: Longitudinal Section from North to South
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 11 9/16 inches (24.2 x 29.4 cm), Plate: 5 15/16 x 8 inches (15.1 x 20.3 cm), and Image: 4 1/4 x 6 3/8 inches (10.8 x 16.2 cm)
Lettered in black ink, upper left: "Plate 12."; lower left: "B & P. Wyatt, Archts."; lower center: "YORK HOUSE, | Longitudinal Section from North to South. | Published by James Carpenter & Son, Old Bond Street, 1827."; lower right: "G. Gladwin, sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | balustrades | cross section | doors | facade | mansion | relief | scale (rule) | sofas | stairs | statues
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Greater London | London | United Kingdom | York House, Strand
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Gladwin, active 1820s–1830s, York House: Longitudinal Section from North to South, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.