- Study of a Nun
- between 1916 and 1918
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 × 4 7/8 inches (15.9 × 12.4 cm)
Signed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Gwen John"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | nun
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Andrea Bu¨ttner : hidden marriages - Gwen John & Moss, Koenig Books, London; Koln, 2014, pp. 46-51, NJ18.B8693535 A12 2014 OVERSIZE (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Gwen John, 1876–1939, British, Study of a Nun, between 1916 and 1918
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.