- A View of the New Bridge Over the Thames at Walton in Surrey
- Colored engraving on medium, slightly textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 12 3/4 × 24 3/16 inches (32.4 × 61.4 cm) and Image: 11 1/4 × 22 3/4 inches (28.6 × 57.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Anthony Walker | (IR230/116)"
Lettered, lower center: "A View of the New Bridge over the Thames at Walton in Surry with the additional Part since Built | to Continue it to the higher ground Humbly Inscribed to Samuel Dicker Esqr. | at Whose sole Charge the said Bridge was Erected in the year 1750 | Sold by J.Jarvis Printseller in Bedford Court Covent Garden."; lettered, lower left: "Cannaletti del. | A.The park of the Rt. Honble. Earl of Lincoln | B. Miss Eaton's House | C. Mr. Dicker's House | N.B. The Center Arch is 130 feet wide"; lettered, lower right: "A.Walker Sculp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
John Ingamells, Dulwich Picture Gallery, British , Unicorn Press, London, 2008, p. 198, N1045 .I54 2008 + (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Anthony Walker, 1726–1765, British, A View of the New Bridge Over the Thames at Walton in Surrey, 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.