George Graham, Clockmaker
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper, pasted on moderately thick, moderately textured, gray-blue Asian paper
- Sheet: 14 1/4 x 10 3/16 inches (36.2 x 25.8 cm), Plate: 13 15/16 x 9 7/8 inches (35.4 x 25.1 cm), and Image: 12 1/8 x 9 13/16 inches (30.8 x 24.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "889"; on back, lower right: "John FABER"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "T. Hudson Pinxt."; lower center: "George Graham CLOCK MAKER, | Done from the Original Picture, in the Possession of the Right Honble,, | GEORGE EARL of MACCLESFIELD &c."; lower right: "J. Faber Fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | breeches (trousers) | chair | clock case | clockmaker | cravat | frock coat | gloves | hat | man | pendulum | portrait | table | wig
- Associated People:
- Graham, George (c.1673–1751), horologist and maker of scientific instruments
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Faber the Younger, ca. 1695–1756, Netherlandish, active in Britain, George Graham, Clockmaker, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.