- Watercolor with pen in brown ink and gouache, over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 7 5/16 x 21 1/4 inches (18.6 x 54 cm)
Inscribed in brown in, lower left: "10-10.30.AaM. | 16. December 1864. | Albenga."; in brown ink, lower center: 'Towers, redbrick, white divisions - all ligh off hill."; in brown ink, lower right: "(46)"; in brown ink, upper left: "all bare, | russet lilac hills | deep blue shades | from cloud"; Verso: in graphite, center: "33. | Longwise | lowest"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of George E. Dix, Yale BA 1934, MA 1942
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baskets | buildings | cityscape | field | figures (representations) | grass | hills | landscape | mountains | river | riverbank | sky | towers (building divisions) | trees | village | wall | water | windows
- Associated Places:
- Albenga | Italy | Savona
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Albenga, 1864
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.