Title Page from The Weekend Book
- Pen and black ink, graphite, and collage on medium, slightly textured, white wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 × 9 1/8 inches (29.2 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center right (in monogram): "JL"; lower right: "BLOOMSBURY | 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "13035"; lower left: "1600"
Lettered inside image in black ink, upper center to lower center: "THE | WEEK-END | BOOK | GENERAL EDITORS | Francis & Vera | Meynell | The | NONESUCH | PRESS | BLOOMSBURY"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | genre subject | title page
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Bawden, 1903–1989, British, Title Page from The Weekend Book, 1938
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.