Title Page from The Weekend Book
- Pen and black ink, graphite, and collage on medium, slightly textured, white wove paper
- 11 1/2 × 9 1/8 inches (29.2 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center right (in monogram): "JL"; lower right: "BLOOMSBURY | 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "13035"; lower left: "1600"
Lettered inside image in black ink, upper center to lower center: "THE | WEEK-END | BOOK | GENERAL EDITORS | Francis & Vera | Meynell | The | NONESUCH | PRESS | BLOOMSBURY"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | genre subject | title page
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Bawden, 1903–1989, British, Title Page from The Weekend Book, 1938
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.