- The Entombment of Christ
- between 1672 and 1689
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 12 1/4 x 8 1/16 inches (31.1 x 20.4 cm) and Plate: 8 7/8 x 5 5/16 inches (22.5 x 13.5 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Ann. Casatius inv. del."; and with De Bisschop's monogram: ''JE f.'' (Nagler III.2254).
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angels | Christ's entombment (possibly by angels) | figure study | man | New Testament | nude | sunlight
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Jan de Bisschop, 1628–1671, Dutch, The Entombment of Christ, between 1672 and 1689
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.