- State Carriage Horses, Berlin (Horse with detail of harness)
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/4 × 11 inches (18.4 × 27.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "feather | 2 ft. 3 in"; center left: "2 ft"; upper center: "farther bridle | Red gold border"; upper right: "Red + gold gold+red Brass"; lower center: "State Carriage Horses | Berlin 4"; on verso, upper left: "Prussian carriage"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of three Australian sisters - Gwendoline Ewens, Jean Parkin, and Joyce Wilson
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Housman Thomas, 1824–1868, British, State Carriage Horses, Berlin (Horse with detail of harness), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.