- July 9, 1932
- Watercolor, gouache, and graphite on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 × 13 1/2 inches (16.8 × 34.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "I want wome collars for my little boy- | Yes madam-[...]? | No-I think a narrow collar for the holidays- | Yes Madam-and au'Arrow tie? | No-a broad one."
Signed in graphite, upper right: "Edmund J. Sullivan | July 9-1932-"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Mr. Albert Gold
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | mother | shop | son
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edmund J. Sullivan, 1869–1933, British, Mother Shopping, July 9, 1932
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.