- The World is Folly's Toy
- Lithograph on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 17 13/16 x 12 7/8 inches (45.3 x 32.7 cm) and Image: 14 7/16 x 9 7/16 inches (36.6 x 23.9 cm)
Lettered, upper center: "THE WORLD IS FOLLY'S TOY"; center: twelve images with captions; lower left: "Alfred Crowquill fecit"; lower center: "LONDON. J. HARWOOD."; lower right: "Printed by Standidge & Co. Old Jewry"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- balls | beds | cannons | capes | crowns | folly | genre subject | globes | globes | guns | helmets | horses (animals) | illustration | jousting | kings | knights | lances | nobles | queens | satire | servants | toy | wars | World
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Alfred Henry Forrester, 1804–1872, British, The World is Folly's Toy, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.