The Follies of Costume
- Lithograph on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 17 7/8 x 13 inches (45.4 x 33 cm) and Image: 14 7/16 x 9 7/16 inches (36.6 x 24 cm)
Lettered, upper center: "THE FOLLIES | OF COSTUME, FROM ADAM 1ST. TO VICTORIA 1ST."; center: images with captions; lower left: "Alfred Crowquill, fecit."; lower center: "LONDON. J. HARWOOD."; lower right: "Printed by Standidge & Co., Old Jewry"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnets | capes | caps | coats | costume | dress | feathers | genre subject | hair | hats | illustrations | jackets | leaves | long hair | men | satire | scissors | wigs | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Alfred Henry Forrester, 1804–1872, British, The Follies of Costume, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.