Very Fresh Fish
- Part Of:
- Lithograph on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 17 13/16 x 13 inches (45.2 x 33 cm) and Image: 14 1/8 x 9 1/8 inches (35.9 x 23.1 cm)
Lettered, upper center: "VERY FRESH FISH."; four rows of two images each, all images have captions: upper left: "Oh! my pa's gone to Oyster Sauce! | Oh! my husband's hooked!"; upper right: "The Fishe's Revenge"; upper center left: "Oh my Child! my Child! | The Baits of this wicked world."; upper center right: "If you give me any more of your Sauce, I'll crack your shell."; lower center left: "The Appeal to the Maid."; lower center right: "I say Mister if you don't take this tingamy out of my Nose I'll pull you over."; lower left: "The Fishe that went to See."; lower right: "The playful Lobster."; lower left under images: "Alfred Crowquill fecit."; lower right under images: "Printed by Standidge & co. Old Jewry."; lower center under images: "LONDON, J. HARWOOD."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- begging | boat | club | coral | dresses | eyes | fish | fishing | genre subject | hook | lips | lobster | men | mermaid | ocean | oyster shell | pleading | rocks (landforms) | sailors | satire | shells | talking
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Alfred Henry Forrester, 1804–1872, British, Very Fresh Fish, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.