Mr. Jonas Webb, of Babraham, and his Three Rams
- Former Title(s):
To the Rt. Hon. Lord Braybrooke...the print of Mr. Jonas Webb...and his Three Rams
- Lithograph with hand coloring on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 3/4 x 23 1/4 inches (47.6 x 59.1 cm) and Image: 16 1/4 x 21 3/4 inches (41.3 x 55.2 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite lower right: "C"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Lettered lower left: "Painted and Drawn in Lithotint by J.W.Giles"; lower center: "London: Published Feby.1842 by J.Moore Printseller to H.R.H. the Duke of Orleans at his Wholesale Picture Frame and Looking GlafsManufactory No.1 & 2, West St. Upper St. Martin's Lane | Clumber Liverpool Woburn | To The Rt. Honble. LORD BRAYBROOKE, President, | and the Members of the SAFFRON WALDEN AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY and Southdown Breeders generally, This Print of Mr. Jonas Webb, of Babraham and his Three Rams, | which gained the First Prizes at Liverpool 1841. | is, with permifsion, most respectfully Dedicated, by their obliged Servant, "; lower right: "Printed by C.Hullmandel"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agronomy | animal art | chickens | ewe (animal) | farming | husbandry | obesity | rooster | science
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John West Giles, active 1827–1865, Mr. Jonas Webb, of Babraham, and his Three Rams, 1842