Mr. Jonas Webb, of Babraham, and his Three Rams
- Former Title(s):
To the Rt. Hon. Lord Braybrooke...the print of Mr. Jonas Webb...and his Three Rams
- Lithograph with hand coloring on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 3/4 x 23 1/4 inches (47.6 x 59.1 cm) and Image: 16 1/4 x 21 3/4 inches (41.3 x 55.2 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite lower right: "C"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Lettered lower left: "Painted and Drawn in Lithotint by J.W.Giles"; lower center: "London: Published Feby.1842 by J.Moore Printseller to H.R.H. the Duke of Orleans at his Wholesale Picture Frame and Looking GlafsManufactory No.1 & 2, West St. Upper St. Martin's Lane | Clumber Liverpool Woburn | To The Rt. Honble. LORD BRAYBROOKE, President, | and the Members of the SAFFRON WALDEN AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY and Southdown Breeders generally, This Print of Mr. Jonas Webb, of Babraham and his Three Rams, | which gained the First Prizes at Liverpool 1841. | is, with permifsion, most respectfully Dedicated, by their obliged Servant, "; lower right: "Printed by C.Hullmandel"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agronomy | animal art | chickens | ewe (animal) | farming | husbandry | obesity | rooster | science
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Dudley Snelgrove, British Sporting and Animal Prints 1658-1874: A Catalogue, The Paul Mellon Collection , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1981, NE960.3 G7 B75 + Oversize (Mellon Shelf) (YCBA)