The Rt. Hon. Alexander Hood, Viscount Bridport, K.B.
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream card
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 8 13/16 × 5 9/16 inches (22.4 × 14.2 cm) and Image: 4 7/16 × 3 9/16 inches (11.3 × 9.1 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by L.F. Abbott"; lower center: "THE RT. HON.BLE ALEXANDER HOOD, VISCOUNT BRIDPORT, K.B. | Bridport | FISHER, SON & COP. LONDON, 1834"; lower right: "Engraved by S. Freeman."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David Alexander
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armed forces | cannons | coastline | cravat | cuffs | fighting | man | marine art | medal | military uniform | navy | nobility | ocean | pointing | portrait | posing | Royal Navy | ships | smoke | sword
- Associated People:
- Hood, Alexander, Viscount Bridport (1726–1814), naval officer and politician
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Freeman, 1773–1857, British, The Rt. Hon. Alexander Hood, Viscount Bridport, K.B, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.