- Part Of:
- Line engrving, Engraver's proof on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 8 3/4 × 11 inches (22.2 × 27.9 cm), Plate: 5 15/16 × 9 inches (15.1 × 22.9 cm), Chine collé: 5 1/2 × 8 5/8 inches (14 × 21.9 cm), and Image: 3 11/16 × 5 3/8 inches (9.4 × 13.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.435"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Engraver's Proof nearly finished."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Before sharpening of distance & darkening of foreground | Turner - Brandard"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Blois. | Turner's Annual Tour The Loire 1833"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "(Brentwood April 46)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge | cityscape | river
- Associated Places:
- Blois | Blois Cathedral | Centre | Europe | France | Loir-et-Cher | Loire | Pont Jacques- Gabriel
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.