IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Pierre Charles Canot, ca. 1710–1777, French, active in Britain, Morning, or Sun rising
Morning, or Sun rising
- Additional Title(s):
Matin, ou Soleil levant
- Hand-colored engraving on wove paper
- Sheet: 60 1/2in. (153.7cm)
Printed for Robert Wilkinson, --58, in Cornhil, & Bowles & Carver 69 St. Pauls Church Yard, London
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- marine art | morning | sails | sea | ships
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.