The Battle of Lowoschutz in Bohemia;...
- Hand-colored engraving
- 7 × 10 3/4 inches (17.8 × 27.3 cm) and 12 1/2 × 18 inches (31.8 × 45.7 cm)
...The King of Prussia with 25,000 Men attack'd Marshal Brown with 60,000 Austrians, put his Army to flight, killed and wounded near 7,000, took 500 Prisoners five Pieces of Cannon and three Pair of Colours, and made himself Master of the Town of Lowoshutz, having only 2,000 Men killed and wounded in the whole. -- Printed for & Sold by Bowles & Carver, at their Map & Print Warehouse, No.69 in St Pauls Church Yard, London
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- battle | horses (animals) | military art | soldiers | wars
- Associated Places:
- Bohemia | Ceská Republika | Europe
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, The Battle of Lowoschutz in Bohemia;..
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.