IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Sir Muirhead Bone, 1876–1953, British, A Manhattan Excavation, 1923
A Manhattan Excavation
- Additional Title(s):
- Drypoint and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream Asian paper
- Sheet: 15 11/16 x 13 7/16 inches (39.9 x 34.1 cm), Plate: 12 3/8 x 10 3/16 inches (31.4 x 25.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "MB"; lower left: "7 | XII (blurred out) | X"; lower right: "CD ·390 | X of 19 | Manhattan Excavation"
signed in plate, lower right: "M Bone"; signed in graphite, lower right: "Muirhead Bone"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | automobiles | awning windows | beams (structural elements) | building site | buildings | carts | children | city | cityscape | construction | construction workers | driving | equipment | excavation | genre subject | hats | horses (animals) | industry | intersection | labor | ladders | men | roads | ropes | stairs | stores | streets | tools | wagons | walking | workers | working
- Associated Places:
- Kings | Manhattan | New York | United States
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
20th Century Works on Paper (Yale Center for British Art, 2000-01-27 - 2000-04-30) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.