A Manhattan Excavation
- Additional Title(s):
- Drypoint and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream Asian paper
- Sheet: 15 11/16 x 13 7/16 inches (39.9 x 34.1 cm) and Plate (to image): 12 3/8 x 10 3/16 inches (31.4 x 25.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "MB"; lower left: "7 | XII (blurred out) | X"; lower right: "CD ·390 | X of 19 | Manhattan Excavation"
signed in plate, lower right: "M Bone"; signed in graphite, lower right: "Muirhead Bone"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | automobiles | awning windows | beams (structural elements) | building site | buildings | carts | children | city | cityscape | construction | construction workers | driving | equipment | excavation | genre subject | hats | horses (animals) | industry | intersection | labor | ladders | men | roads | ropes | stairs | stores | streets | tools | wagons | walking | workers | working
- Associated Places:
- Kings | Manhattan | New York | United States
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Sir Muirhead Bone, 1876–1953, British, A Manhattan Excavation, 1923
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.