- Lithograph on medium, smooth, beige Asian paper
- Sheet: 16 1/8 x 10 3/8 inches (40.9 x 26.3 cm), Image: 11 15/16 x 6 3/8 inches (30.4 x 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "W194 Madam X (24 proofs) 1918"; lower right: "A #9768"
Signed in graphite, lower right under image: "Ethel Gabaui"; dated lower center: "1918"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chair | earrings | gaze | gesturing | gloves | hat | portrait | posing | profile | table | veil | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Ethel Leontine Gabain, 1883–1950, British, Madame X, 1918
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.