- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink and red ink on moderately thick, rough, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 2 5/8 x 6 1/8 inches (6.7 x 15.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and red ink, over graphite, lower left: "Gebeleyn (one of em.) Janr 24 1854 10 [?2].AM."; inscribed in pen and red ink, lower right: "125"; Verso: inscribed in pen and black ink, center: "26 next below upper[?]"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "90"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of George E. Dix, B.A. 1934, M.A. 1942
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | landscape | mountains | river | river | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile | Qena
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Gebelein, 1854
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.