IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Bickham, 1684–1769, British, A View of the House from the Equestrian Statue in the Park of the Earl Temple at Stow, in Buckinghamshire
A View of the House from the Equestrian Statue in the Park of the Earl Temple at Stow, in Buckinghamshire
- Additional Title(s):
Vue du Chateau prise a cote de la Figure Equestre
- Hand-colored engraving on wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 x 15in. (26.7 x 38.1cm)
London, Printed for Laurie & Whittle 53 Fleet Street, Bowles & Carver 69 St Pauls Church Yard, & R. Wilkinson 58 Cornhill
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cattle | house | landscape | lawns | pond | statue
- Associated Places:
- Buckinghamshire | England | Stowe | Stowe House | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Art in Focus: John Goto's High Summer (Yale Center for British Art, 2018-04-06 - 2018-08-19) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition] [Exhibition Description]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.