- Below Rabat, Malta
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, brown wove paper.
- Mount: 5 1/2 x 6 5/8 inches (14 x 16.8 cm) and Sheet: 3 3/4 x 5 5/16 inches (9.5 x 13.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "below Rabbat"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(192) | 8.30AM | 20 March 1866"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of George E. Dix, B.A. 1934, M.A. 1942
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bushes | genre subject | rocks (landforms) | sky | structure (single built work) | trees
- Associated Places:
- Malta | Rabat
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Below Rabat, Malta, 1866
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.