The Mystery of the Faith
- Wood-engraving on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- 4 9/16 x 3 1/8 inches (11.6 x 8 cm) and 4 x 2 9/16 inches (10.1 x 6.5 cm)
Lettered, starting lower left and following border of entire image: "THIS IS THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD OF THE NEW ETERNAL TESTSMENT THE MYSTERY OF FAITH WHICH SHALL BE SHED FOR YOU & FOR MANY UNTO THE REMISSION OF SINS"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Judith and Norman A. Zlotsky, Yale BS 1953
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bleeding | blood | chalice | cross (motif) | crucifix | crucifixion | dove | halo | New Testament | religious and mythological subject | stigmata | sun
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.